Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Beat

"The Beat"
July 3, 2009
J. L. Foster
What is this beat that’s in my head?
I hear it when I go to bed.
I sing it when I’m sound asleep.
And in the morning, it has a steady beat.
What is this song that will not leave?
Top 40 get down on your knees.
Why will it not let me rest?
Poker Face was her worst jest.
Womanizer is stuck in my head.
And Miley too – I’d rather be dead.
The radio has got to change.
At least its line up can be arranged.
What is this tune that will not go?
It’s Michael Jackson’s last live show.
It’s been playing loudly inside my head
Ever since they announced that he is dead.
And now this beat is worse than before
Because of this poem – man that is sore.
I guess I’ll hear it tonite in the bed.
This steady beat that’s in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment