Saturday, July 04, 2009

Eager

“Eager”
July 3, 2009
J. L. Foster
I am eager like a beaver
Who’s a wicked story weaver
And I’m plucking from my mind
An idea of every kind.
The ideas might be lame
And some might seem to tame
To keep up with whom I am –
Cause I’m a man with a plan
And the plan might be great
Or it might start me late.
It might take me to success
Or it might make me someone less.
It might raise me to new heights
That I’ve dreamed of over nights,
Or it might tell me I’m a bore
With small ideas to explore.
It might take me by the hand
And make me a better man,
Or it might scold me from within
And bury me from the wind.
But this is how it has been
Forever, I can’t remember when
The road of life was easy and free
And the path was open just for me.
I’ve had to make my own way.
I’ve had to climb from day to day.
I wouldn’t have it another way.
On this road, I’ll continue to stay.
I enjoy the rocky climb,
Even when I start to whine.
Whining seems to get me nowhere.
On a blank page is where I stare.
And I try not to look
To my past for the book
That opened up a path for success.
When I fight, I do my best.
And again, I am eager
Like a work-enthused beaver
Who has woken up at the crack of dawn
To prepare for you this, my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment